Travel to Mexico gets a bad reputation, but much of this is unfounded. Mexico is growing safer, and millions of tourists enjoy fun-filled and leisurely vacations in Mexico annually. We encourage you to look over our list, “10 Reasons To Travel To Mexico,” and enjoy a Mexican vacation of your own.
1. Mexican Cuisine is healthy – Mexico’s food is among the tastiest on the planet. Across the US, you can find Mexican food restaurants claiming to serve Mexican food, but there’s nothing like the real thing. Moreover, not only is authentic mexican cuisine tasty, it can be heart-healthy, too. A diet of beans, soups and tomato-based sauces, as found in Mexico, help lower women’s risk of breast cancer, according to a study from the University of Utah. Mexican food emphasizes slowly digested foods like beans and fresh ground corn, which could provide protection from type-2 diabetes. These sorts of slow-release carbohydrates have been known to lower blood sugar an even reverse diabetes.
2. Mexico’s laidback culture – Mexico’s lazy pace has made it known as an ideal vacation spot. Sometimes, it might take longer to run a few errands, for a plethora of reasons. People’s clocks are more individually and family-focused instead of work, school and so on. Mexicans enjoy life which means they take their time, our meals take up hours we eat with people friends and family we actually cook (more than one person usually together) etc..
Tequila And Mezcal
3. Tequila and Mezcal are beneficial to health – Experts claim a shot before lunch can stimulate appetite and aid digestion. The sugars in tequila are simple sugars, making this alcoholic beverage particularly easy for your body to break down. Tequila can alleviate strain, tension and headaches in the body…when consumed in moderation. So keep all this in mind when you sit down for some Mexcal, distilled in clay pots, straight from the producers’ barrel. These Mexican spirits offer a depth and variety of flavors drinkers of tequila and mescal understand. Forget Cuervo, this is Mexico.
4. Ethnic diversity – Mexico is an ethnically diverse country, with 68 different indigenous languages and the different respective cultures. Many peoples lived in Mexico prior to the 14th century as Indigenous Peoples – Toltec, Olmeca, Zapotec, Maya, Aztec, Huichol, Purepecha, Tarahumara, and many more. You can spend a time in an indigenous place, like Chiapas, and enjoy the beautiful textiles, hand-woven cloths and patterns, which are seemingly used as a form of communication.
5. Natural diversity – In Mexico, you can frolic along mountains, desert, beaches, jungle and archeological sites. Mexico’s Pacific coast features plenty of coastline to explore, especially around Puerto Vallarta. Small villages in the north and south of the city are as laidback as any of the Mexican cultures. Sayulita is an amazing beach town, which is located about 45 minutes north of the Puerto Vallarta.
6. Music – Mariachi and modern rock is played throughout Mexico. Guadalajara is considered the home of mariachi, and Mexico City’s Plaza Garibaldi is filled with music. Mana is one of the most popular modern Mexico bands. In Baja, many US facing festivals fill the air in Rosarito and Tijuana, from All My Friend’s to Rumble Fest, respectively, in Baja California.
7. Inexpensive property is a once in a lifetime opportunity – Stability has been a hallmark of Mexico’s housing market for years. Prices rise and fall slowly. The Mexican housing market is not driven by speculators and developers are always building more houses. What’s more, you can find property in Mexico that is as much as 50% of the cost of US housing, with all of the amenities. Your dollar goes further in Mexico. As Warren Buffet says, “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.” Some of the best property in mexico is in San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato. Travel there and see the value for yourself.
Mexico Is Sex
8. Mexico is sex – Mexico is more sensual and sexual of a nation than its neighbors to the north. People are generally more intuitive and thus more socially intelligent which also implies sexually intelligent.
From Baja to Mexico there is a lot of options for lovers to see the whole of Mexico. From the beaches to the mountains, there is something for everyone.
9. A new craft brew culture – Generally, when people think of beer in Mexico, they think of beers like Corona, Tecate, Modelo and other national brands. Many of the craft brews in Mexico are brewed by hand, making them much different than the craft brews in the US. According to Vice Munchies:
The current Mexican craft beer scene is experiencing what America went through 20 years ago, what Scandinavia dealt with ten years ago, what Spain had a couple of years ago, and what the rest of the world is going through right now. US craft beer represents about 10 percent of that market, while in Mexico craft beer represents more like 0.1 percent. New laws have been kind to craft breweries, meaning Mexico is likely to see more. Festivals throughout Mexico can feature as many as 100 Mexican brewers. The most popular craft beers are IPAs and imperial stouts.
Easy To Travel To Mexico
10. Never been easier – With websites like MexResorts, it’s never been easy to find an expert on Mexico travel and find a destination that’s just right for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us here, and we will do everything we can to make your experience simple and carefree!